The Orangeburgh German-Swiss Genealogical Society is a family history organization which promotes the collection and preservation of early records of the people of Orangeburgh Township, South Carolina and their descendants. It is eleemosynary, non-profit, non-political, and non-sectarian.
September 22, 2021
Virtual Oktoberfest 2021
Oktoberfest 2021 will be held virtually via Zoom and YouTube on October 9, 2021. There will be a members meeting at 10:00 AM followed by a number of presentations. There will also be a chat room. Registration is $25. Come join us.
- OktoberfestOktoberfest 2021 now Virtual.
- OGSGS on Facebook
- OGSGS Photo Gallery
- Newsletter ContentsCurrent issue: Summer 2021
- Newsletter Indexes
- Publication Store
- Research Resources
- Index of Colonial Land Records
- Orangeburgh E-mail Discussion Group
- Orangeburg Probate Court Index, 1865-1947New
- Links to Useful Web sites
- First Families of Orangeburgh - 61 family biographies online.
- Immigrants to South Carolina - some information on 96 additional families.
- Orangeburgh Migrations - Nineteenth Century migrations West.
- Orangeburgh District DNA Project - adding DNA to Genealogy
- German-Swiss Immigration
- Recruitment in Europe
- Orangeburgh Town Plan (SC Archives)
- South Carolina Town Plans - Dorchester, Orangeburgh, Saxe Gotha, etc. (SC Archives)
- Orangeburgh Citizens Petition
- The Early Orangeburgh Church by Lawton Salley
- Old Pioneer Graveyard
- The Evolution of Orangeburg County by A. S. Salley, Jr.