The Orangeburgh German-Swiss Genealogical Society is a family history organization which promotes the collection and preservation of early records of the people of Orangeburgh Township, South Carolina and their descendants. It is eleemosynary, non-profit, non-political, and non-sectarian.
Posted: 6 June 2022
Announcing Oktoberfest 2022 - In Person
This year's Oktoberfest will be in person again in Orangeburg, SC on Friday night October 7th and Saturday, October 8th, 2022. Check back here for details and registration in the next weeks.
Posted: 06 Jun 2022
The Spring Newsletter was mailed out on April 15, 2022. If you didn't receive it, and your dues are paid current, email to email@example.com.
- OGSGS on Facebook
- OGSGS Photo Gallery
- Newsletter ContentsCurrent issue: Fall 2021
- Newsletter Indexes
- Publication Store
- Research Resources
- Index of Colonial Land Records
- Orangeburgh E-mail Discussion Group
- Orangeburg Probate Court Index, 1865-1947New
- Links to Useful Web sites
- First Families of Orangeburgh - 61 family biographies online.
- Immigrants to South Carolina - some information on 96 additional families.
- Orangeburgh Migrations - Nineteenth Century migrations West.
- Orangeburgh District DNA Project - adding DNA to Genealogy
- German-Swiss Immigration
- Recruitment in Europe
- Orangeburgh Town Plan (SC Archives)
- South Carolina Town Plans - Dorchester, Orangeburgh, Saxe Gotha, etc. (SC Archives)
- Orangeburgh Citizens Petition
- The Early Orangeburgh Church by Lawton Salley
- Old Pioneer Graveyard
- The Evolution of Orangeburg County by A. S. Salley, Jr.