Oktoberfest is the annual meeting of the Orangeburgh German-Swiss Genealogical Society. Usually held on a Friday and Saturday in mid-October it is a forum where researchers come together to have fun and share sources of genealogical materials and good food. It is a perfect opportunity to meet fellow family history researchers in person. Everyone with an interest in family history research in the area of the original Orangeburgh District is welcome to attend. Society membership is not required.
The 2017 Oktoberfest meeting will be held October 20 and 21, 2017 at the First Baptist Church Family Life Center in Orangeburg, South Carolina. See links below for the Program and a mail-in Registration Form. You may also register online at our Publications Store.
Vendor and Society Representatives - We offer discounted registration to vendor and genealocical/historical society representatives. You may take advantage of the discount by mailing in our Vendor & Society Registration Form. Discounted registration is not available online.
September 27, 2017 - Last date to receive mail in registrations.
October 1, 2017 - Discounted early registration ends.
October 7, 2017 - Meal reservations and online registration closed.
October 20 & 21, 2017 Okfoberfest. Registration only (no meals) available at the door.
- Oktoberfest 2016 - Oct 14 & 15, FBC Family Life Center, Orangeburg, SC
- Oktoberfest 2015 - Oct 16 & 17, FBC Family Life Center, Orangeburg, SC
- Oktoberfest 2014 - Oct 10 & 11, FBC Family Life Center, Orangeburg, SC
- Oktoberfest 2013 - Oct 18 & 19, Church of the Redeemer, Orangeburg, SC
- Oktoberfest 2012 - Oct 12 & 13, Econolodge Inn & Suites, Orangeburg, SC
- Oktoberfest 2011 - Oct 28 & 29, FBC Family Life Center, Orangeburg, SC